Sunday 20 May 2012

Last day

Well here we are on the last day of LITF. Where has the time gone?
Had a very enjoyable day out with Rob and Blair Saturday who kindly gave of thirty day and took us out to an island where we ate fresh lobster caught that morning and even got to do some shooting!!
Just 2 more plays to see today then award night. Wondering if team BLT will be bringing any home having carried the flag.
I know that if we are not successful we will still have impressed many people with our production. Even today people are still coming up to us saying they thoroughly enjoyed it. One guy last night said that he loved the play and he particularly liked the character 'death' and would love to play him. A nice thought for me having portrayed the character and Vic for writing it and giving me the opportunity to be a part of it.
Last night was the Gala evening. After the last show people went to the Best Western to have a meal. There were prizes to be won in draws. Most comprised t shirts hats  etc with
The LITF Logo. The final prize was a certificate for free admission to the next festival in 2014. The announcement was made and a name was called. I heard the name Jerry, I looked around as there is a driver who has been wonderful out here with that name to see where she was sat. With that some called out what's the last name I heard mine!! So with great surprise I went to collect the certificate.
After sitting down I decided that I would give it to the host that Nye and I have been billited with, Peggy.
A lovely straight talking Canadian who has opened her home to us. She has made our stay pleasant and we come and go as we please. No airs or graces. I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of this as she puts a tremendous amount of work into the festival but has to pay full price for all the tickets for the plays she watches. At least I know that next time she will not have to pay!
I know she won't see this here unless someone prints it off for her but just wanted to make people who are good enough to read this be aware of her volunteer work along with others in this very friendly community.
Right enough of this. The sun is shining so I am going to stop and enjoy my coffee.

Cheers for reading if you got this far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment